The Land of Celje project stretches across as many as 21 municipalities, and one of them is also the Laško municipality. The tourist destination Land of Celje offers many activities, fun ways to spoil yourself, and educational trails, which are available throughout the year, but of the most interesting tourist attractions of the region is certainly the well-established wellness tourism. On a relatively small territory, you will find quite a few excellent thermal resorts:
Nikakor ne smemo pozabiti na bogato zgodovinsko in kulturno dediščino, ki vam jo ponuja osrednje mesto dežele Celjske – Knežje mesto Celje. Za vse tiste goste, ki v sebi nosijo željo po odgovoru na vprašanje kakšno je bilo nekoč življenje na naših tleh, sta ogled razstave Mesto pod mestom ali obisk Celjskega gradu gotovo odlični izbiri.
Surely, we cannot disregard the rich historical and cultural heritage that the central city of the Land of Celje has to offer – the City of Princes. For visitors who want to find out more about how life in the region used to be in the past, a good choice would be either to have a look at the City Beneath the City exhibition or visit the Celje Castle.
The Land of Celje – The Rainbow of Enjoyment offers many different options for spending quality time outdoors. In fact, the whole region boasts lush forests and wonderful green landscape, which you can explore in more detail by embarking on many hiking or cycling trails.
If time is on your side, head towards Rogla, which can be a perfect place for a nice walk among the treetops of mighty trees, looking at the world from a bird’s perspective.
You can also visit Kozjanski park, a natural protected site, which makes it particularly interesting, if you want to experience pristine nature.
The Land of Celje is also a land intertwined with many waterways, lakes and ponds, where you can organise picnics and various outdoor activities, and also hides a diverse underworld; one of the most visited caves in the area is Pekel (Hell) Cave.
Let us present some other important tourist activities of the Land of Celje, which can only make your vacations even more fun:
- Winter activities (the biggest ski center is Rogla, Celje Hut and Janina in Rogaška Slatina)
- Fishing (widely popular across the region, the most popular fishing locations are Šmartinsko jezero (Lake Šmartno), Gračnica, Marof pond, Preserje pond and Slivniško jezero (Lake Slivnica))
- Golf (Slovenske Konjice-Golf course Škalce, Podčetrtek-A-golf Olimje)
- Adrenaline sports (zorbing and stand-up-paddle surfing – Šmartinsko jezero, summer toboggan Bobkart-Celje hut, summer alpine coaster Zlodejevo and Bike Park-Rogla)
- Horseback riding (club Islander-Vransko, Ranch Iskra- Podčetrtek, Ranch Kaja-Vojnik, Strmol-Rogatec)
- Pilgrim routes (Mary’s pilgrimage route-Kozje, Emma’s Pilgrimage Route-Podčetrtek, Oljka Mount-Polzela)