Hotel Špica Laško is situated on the site of the first ever hotel in Laško. As can be seen from the records of Mr Jelovšek, the first owners of the Hum inn were land owners by the name of Šavsi. In 1862, the inn was sold. The new owner added a hall to the inn, which has its foundations already in the 16th century, and renamed it into Hotel Horiak. Until the early 20th century, it had been the only hotel in Laško (excluding Terme). It represented the centre of social life, for Laško and its surroundings. Sunday promenades would pass the Laško hotel, it hosted theatre shows, various meetings, dances and parties. In 1901, the hotel changed its owner once again, this time renaming it into Hotel Henke. Interestingly, the gymnastic society Sokol that was founded after the first world war held its first meeting in 1919 in the hall of the then hotel. After World War II, the hotel was named after the town’s patriarch, becoming Hotel Hum.
In 1985 the old hotel was torn down and a new one was built. The chief investor was the Pivovarna Laško brewery. The hotel was operating until September 2018.
In April 2019, the hotel becomes the property of the family company, which has been involved in the restaurant business for 30 years. The family renovated the hotel and renamed it to Hotel Špica Laško.